Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Getting Arty - Young Picassos!

Room 20 have been learning the painting techniques of:
Dragging
Stippling
Hard Edge
Tonal Modelling
Splatter
and Carving
Here is our artwork which shows how we were practising our techniques in an abstract way:






















































In the posts below you can see us hard at work using the techniques we've learnt to paint a scene from the story "The Grumpy Clock Tower" by Joyce Rodney - in School Journal Part 1, Number 5, 2002.

4 comments:

  1. Wow room 20, you are lucky to be doing so much fantastic art. I am really impressed with your painting techniques.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi room 20,
    I just wanted to say that your art work is cool.
    But I love Kikrangi and Kowhai's art work the most.
    P.S I am not the super-star Marry-Kate and Marry-Kate is not my full name

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi room 20 i like your art
    so cool

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like the fact that you have documented the whole process here from start to finish, it gives you a good idea of the overall 'thing' and also I am sure that other teachers will use this as an example!
    Melville Intermediate, Hamilton, Waikato.

    ReplyDelete